Size of hard disk and speed of processor

Dieses Thema im Forum "Notebook Probleme" wurde erstellt von sdmuashr, 04.07.2012.

1. #1 sdmuashr, 04.07.2012
    sdmuashr

sdmuashr Neuer Benutzer

Hi,

I have just got new Lenovo with windows 7 installed. It should have 320 GB of hard disk but what I see is only 254 GB space for C drive and 29 GB for D drive. I don't understand why it's not showing the complete size (i.e. 320 GB). And secondly, I want to know about the ways thereby I can have more partitions rather than just 2. I also want to know about the exact no. of processors built-in (It should have 2*2.53 GHz processors).
    Sorry for questions in english.

Thanks

2. AdMan

schau mal hier: Windows-Wartungs-Tool. Viele Probleme lassen sich damit einfach beheben. Oftmals ist der PC dann auch schneller!
    Registrieren bzw. einloggen, um diese und auch andere Anzeigen zu deaktivieren.
  3. #2 BenniDeadlift, 04.07.2012
    BenniDeadlift

BenniDeadlift Hat immer Rückenschmerzen

Hi,

thats because Windows/Microsoft uses the wrong Term:
    Windows uses "GB" instead of "GiB" | Microsoft Connect

I dont see a Reason for more Partitions on such a small HD. Otherwise Partitions can be created during install of Windows. Also there are tools like this:
    Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.5 - Download bei SOFT-WARE.NET

You got a Dual Core Prozessor i think. That means there ist one prozessor but it has got two cores. A quad Core Prozessor is also just one piece but with 4 Cores.

This is a German Forum ;)
    Maybe you find also good English Forums.

4. #3 sdmuashr, 04.07.2012
    Zuletzt von einem Moderator bearbeitet: 04.07.2012
    sdmuashr

sdmuashr Neuer Benutzer

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation, it is very helpful. Now according to this explanation my device should show approximately 298 GB and not 320 GB. But the problem is that the sum of spaces for C drive and D drive (i.e. 254 GB + 28.9 GB = 282.9 GB) is even less than 298 GB i.e. 15.1 GB less. Do you know the reason or explanation for that?
    Thanks

5. #4 BenniDeadlift, 04.07.2012
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 04.07.2012
    BenniDeadlift

BenniDeadlift Hat immer Rückenschmerzen

That is because on most new laptops there ist a hidden recovery partiton. 15Gb is a typical size for such hidden patitions.
    For example when your Operation System gets damaged you can use this recovery partition to restore/reinstall Windows and so on.
    Thats the reason why on most new laptops there are no Recovery Cds/Dvds.

6. heinzl

heinzl .

Genauer:
    This is a German speaking forum. You may also find good english speaking forums. :cool:

Thema: Size of hard disk and speed of processor
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. hp mini 210 boot device not found

2. lenovo 320 282.9 GB

3. hard disk size

Die Seite wird geladen...

Size of hard disk and speed of processor - Ähnliche Themen

1. Prince of Persia startet nicht ?!

Prince of Persia startet nicht ?!: moin zusammen, hab mal nach langer zeit Prince of Persia the two thrones ausgegraben. installieren geht ohne probleme. wenn ich es allerdings...
  2. Corel X7 Home and student

Corel X7 Home and student: Moin! Ich habe mir Corel X7 Home and student gekauft. Das wird aber auf meinem W7 64 bit- Rechner als 32Bit- Version installiert und wenn ich es...
  3. Office2016 Home and Student - Kaufberatung

Office2016 Home and Student - Kaufberatung: Hallo, ich möchte mir das neue "Office Home & Student 2016" zulegen. Jedoch gibt es im Netz sehr erhebliche Preisunterschiede beim Kauf. Da gibt...
  4. Klammern ändern

Klammern ändern: Moin! Mein Verleger will, dass ich alle Klammertexte in Kursiv umändere. Muss ich jetzt in Word 2000 alle Klammern einzeln umändern, oder gibt es...
  5. Faxkonto bei Windows "Fax and Scan" einrichten

Faxkonto bei Windows "Fax and Scan" einrichten: Guten Tag, ich möchte mir ein Faxkonto mit "Windows Fax and Scan" unter meinem Betriebssystem "Windows 7 Home Premium" einrichten. Ich habe ein...